Caledonian Chipmunks

Author Topic: Flap inner hinge Bearing  (Read 286 times)

Offline yakxx

Flap inner hinge Bearing
« on: Saturday July 28, 2018, 17:26:08 UTC »
Please can somebody identify the part number (or modern day equivalent) of the Flap inner bearing.....mine are rather wobbly but the marking have all but disappeared   ...

Also where I might be able to get one or two ?

Thanks

Offline Nigel Stevens

Re: Flap inner hinge Bearing
« Reply #1 on: Saturday July 28, 2018, 20:11:16 UTC »
Hi YAkXX,
I can probably do this next week if nobody else answers earlier, but I'm 1000 km from my documentation at the moment. (on holiday!) I also probably have a supplier address.
best
Nigel

Offline yakxx

« Reply #2 on: Sunday July 29, 2018, 19:15:42 UTC »
Thanks Nigel...I think its a  CBA 2 1\2   but can't find a ready source....
have a nice holiday and hope your flying your amazing Chippi often.

Offline yakxx

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday July 31, 2018, 09:30:09 UTC »
looking deeper I note a pre post talks of using the KSP-4  for the inner flap bearing....  maybe I have the wrong end of the stick because looking up that spec it has a 1/4 inch inner diameter ...

the bearing I have removed has an inner of 0.3 inch and outer 1.25...which would tell me its a KSP-5   not 4      ????

Offline Nigel Stevens

« Reply #4 on: Thursday August 02, 2018, 10:29:28 UTC »
the parts list says skefco CBA 2 1/2 held in with a 1 1/4 inch dia circlip  The KSP4 box I have is also marked CBA 2, so NOT CBA 2 1/2.  I got all my bearings via a ball bearing dealer to the west of Paris.  called RBK,  website rbk.fr   I gave them the DH parts list references and they found them all or equivalents. The KSP4 box says the bearings are used on 737, 747, 757 and 767. unfortunately the CBA 2 1/2 box carries no such useful references. Hope that helps.
Nigel

Offline yakxx

« Reply #5 on: Thursday August 02, 2018, 11:35:55 UTC »
Thanks Nigel....  always most helpful....actually I found out the KSP-4 is a smaller bearing than the one I removed and in fact has an OD of approx 0.8 inch..( No circlip at all which is very worrying but after 25 years I guess it was pretty tight )  ..looking further it seems the correct one is a KSP-5   and by chance I found a couple (Ex F1 Im told...)  which are  currently on the way to me from UK ..so I hope Ive ordered the correct ones....

Thanks again...I will be chugging up through France west coast later this month to Cornwall ...time for NDT and hoses etc etc,,,,

reds

Offline Dick Gower

« Reply #6 on: Friday August 10, 2018, 01:58:34 UTC »
It is worth having a really good look at the flap bracket when replacing the bearing because they accumulate water and mud and tend to rust.
Dick Gower
Melbourne,
Australia.

Copyright © Caledonian Chipmunks