Caledonian Chipmunks

Author Topic: Slick Mags - Information Please  (Read 108 times)

Offline proplover

Slick Mags - Information Please
« on: Monday November 19, 2018, 21:28:21 UTC »
Has anyone got a picture of a Slick Mag installation on a Gypsy Major 10-2 they could post please. Im not familiar with the Slick Mag mod so is there anyone in the UK running with them? I presume you would have to get a Minor Mod agreed to run them in the UK on a G Reg aircraft?

Offline speedbird1

Re: Slick Mags - Information Please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday November 20, 2018, 02:11:48 UTC »
Hi Proplover,

I have a set of Slicks on my spare Canadian GM1-10-3A which has an identical installation to your GM10-2.  The conversion is a US FAA Approved STC that was obtained by Ed Clark in California. Unfortunately Ed passed a way a few years ago and Connie was selling the complete kits., that consists of mag's, harness, and plugs for $4335US.
However I did see a short time ago that Connie was trying to sell the whole lot, parts, STC and everything.  She used to be found at cmc,mothaircraft@yahoo.com.
PM me if I can help with pictures as   am not bright enough to post pictures here!!!
Speedbird 1

Offline john henderson

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday November 20, 2018, 15:03:55 UTC »
Just for the record, I understand that any US approved STC is automatically valid in the UK.  For example the Cleveland undercarriage change comes under an STC, so when we installed it (buying the bits directly - not the expensive kit from Saywell), our engineer reviewed the paperwork and the installation and signed it off.
john h

Offline speedbird1

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday November 20, 2018, 15:28:20 UTC »
From my experience with the UK CAA and the ARB ( if you can remember that far back) John is quite correct.
The STC for fitting the Slicks is: SA00192LA. according the my engine log book.
Speedbird 1

Copyright © Caledonian Chipmunks