Caledonian Chipmunks

Author Topic: Back in from the cold  (Read 7978 times)

landyman

Back in from the cold
« on: Saturday August 25, 2007, 01:24:20 UTC »
Hi Folks,
sorry i have been absent from the forum for ages. no excuses really its just that other things took over and i have been very busy and my computer time has been limited, I still have the two model Chipmunks for you fly guys mounted on their handles, please let me know if you still want them and i'll get them packed and posted asap. well, its good to be back and i'll try not to be a stranger.

all the best.

Greg

DGH

Re: Back in from the cold
« Reply #1 on: Saturday August 25, 2007, 20:42:14 UTC »
Welcome back Greg, great to have you back on board. If your interested I'll be over at Sheffield on September 29th/30th with Classic Flights Rapide and Dove (fingers crossed!) if you fancy having a look at some of dehavillands finest?

landyman

« Reply #2 on: Sunday August 26, 2007, 01:28:33 UTC »
Hiya, i Certainly am interested, it will be great to meet up.  and cheers for the welcome back btw. last time i was anywhere neer a Dragon rapide was 20/04/1986 it was G-AGTM when i flew in her,  thats before her misshap at Duxford many moons ago. are these two fine aircraft doing pleasure flights?. if so how many groats should i prize out of my deep and tight Yorkshire pockets to sample more de Havilland delights?

all the best

Greg

DGH

« Reply #3 on: Sunday August 26, 2007, 07:00:26 UTC »
Hello Greg,

Yes they should both be doing pleasure flights at £55 per seat, but we tend to sell out fast at Sheffield so it may be an idea to pre-book. Look at www.classicflight.com to book tickets or send me a pm and I'll save you a seat and you can pay on the day. The Rapide will most probable be G-AGTM and the Dove G-DHDV subject to all the paperwork being signed of in time.

Best dash, got a days pleasure flying and a support team BBQ to get to,

All the best,

Dave

landyman

« Reply #4 on: Sunday August 26, 2007, 23:58:42 UTC »
Cheers for the info Dave, i'll pm you soon about it, again its good to be back.

all the best.

Greg

STANNARD

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday September 05, 2007, 16:21:36 UTC »
Might be able to bring WD390 into Sheffield City from Wickenby on 30th September to complete the set. Please organize the weather...

DGH

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday September 05, 2007, 20:12:57 UTC »
Ah, the weather!  :-o  So far this year every event we have had at Coventry has been in glorious sunshine, however nearly everytime we leave home base the weather tends to go a bit tits up! We've not lost any flights due to weather though I think. I'll get to work on the prayer mat.  :lol:

It would be great to see your Chipmunk there Stannard, Sheffield is such a great little airfield that's ideal for our needs it seems such a shame that they intend closing it in the next couple of years.  :-(  I'm sure some postioning of aircraft for photos can be arranged, the chaps at the airfield are incrediably friendly and helpful.

Latest news on the Dove is that she has been having engine runs today, so fingers crossed she will make it - there's always the paperwork though.  :|

STANNARD

« Reply #7 on: Thursday September 06, 2007, 13:24:01 UTC »
Yes, it's such a shame that the clock is ticking away towards Sheffield City Airport's final departure. The whole facility reminds me very much of a typical FBO in the United States. Ditto the friendly staff. Ironically, if the airport had been 737 friendly, would we now be positioning Doves and Rapides there?
Might position WD390 there on the Saturday as well if time/tasking/weather permits.

DGH

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday September 11, 2007, 20:33:09 UTC »
Dont mean to thread hijack but just thought I'd mention that the Dove flew for the first time in age's again today - just the paperwork to sort out now!

Offline Dean Cross

• Pilot
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday September 12, 2007, 21:09:08 UTC »
Excellent news.

landyman

« Reply #10 on: Sunday September 16, 2007, 15:50:33 UTC »
Great news, looking forward to seeing her flying some time soon.

Greg

STANNARD

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday September 18, 2007, 12:47:12 UTC »
The beach landing and take off by CF's Dragon Rapide at the Jersey Air Show was greeted with warm applause from the sea front. Perfect weather, perfect location. I had intended to go for what the RAF used to call a sector recce in Jersey Aero Club's Chipmunk, but it's currently under repair at (where else?) Coventry. Foiled again! Incidentally, I thought the Antonov An-2 did a remarkably good demonstration of slow flying. Followed by even slower flying. And was that ultra-low, slipping turn by the French B-17 premeditated? Answers on a postcard please.

DGH

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday September 18, 2007, 19:53:25 UTC »
What this Chipmunk?  :-D

It ours and they cant have it back.......!!  :-o :-D

Well not until I've had a good couple of go's in it.  :-D

P.S. She was actually at Jersey airport on the Thursday of the show.

STANNARD

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday September 19, 2007, 12:37:54 UTC »
Ah, just like the Airfix kit (or is my memory playing tricks again?). Sorry I missed your Chippie, but after the show I was too busy telling war stories and drinking Jersey best bitter in the Blue Note. As one does...

DGH

« Reply #14 on: Thursday September 20, 2007, 20:01:11 UTC »
Ah, just like the Airfix kit (or is my memory playing tricks again?). Sorry I missed your Chippie, but after the show I was too busy telling war stories and drinking Jersey best bitter in the Blue Note. As one does...

I like your style... :-D :lol:

Copyright © Caledonian Chipmunks